Theory is the key to understanding how music works! Theory and history are incorporated into all piano programs, and students are assigned written work from their first lesson. For students requiring theory co-requisites for the Royal Conservatory of Music program, I currently offer instruction and exam preparation in the following courses.
Subjects and Levels
Scheduling, Payment & Cancellations
- Exam sessions are December, May, and August. Keyboard harmony exams are currently only offered during the June practical session.
- No lessons will be scheduled during the Christmas and March Breaks, and statutory holidays. Parents and students can check dates posted on the studio calendar.
- Tuition is based on a set program of private lessons. Most theory courses can be completed in weekly 30-minute lessons, running from September to the May/June exam session. Accelerated or compressed courses require 45- or 60-minute lessons, and more lessons per week. Private lesson rates are based on $52/h. The monthly lesson fee is calculated by the length and number of lessons per term, divided evenly over the number of months of study.
- Reschedules and Cancellations – When you register, you are reserving the same weekly lesson time in the studio schedule for the entire year. My ability to reschedule lessons is dependent on another student’s cancellation and adequate advance notice. One week’s notice is required if a student wishes to be placed on the wait list for any upcoming cancellations.
- Withdrawal from lessons – One month’s paid notice must be given in writing if a student wishes to withdraw partway through the course.
A complete studio policy and lesson and payment schedule will be provided before the course start.